Welding - Pertonas Certification (Petronas-PPKS Welding Workshop)
ADVANCED WELDING TRAINING
6G – TIG and Combination Processes
12 Weeks or 3 Months
Joint venture Program Between PETRONAS / PPKS
Tel: 082-381767 Fax: 082-381769
This course will be conducted at AWISAR (http://awisar.ppks.edu.my)
Training Schedule 2013
The (12) twelve weeks skills training program for 6GC SMAW/GTAW, 6G GTAW and 6GR SMAW is designed to improve and develop the manipulation competencies of the welder that could meet the standard requirement for X-Ray quality weldment in the Oil refineries and morden industries.
The skill development activities is focus on the exercises in (CS) carbon steel pipe 8" Ø (sch) schedule 80 and (CS) carbon steel pipe 8" Ø (sch) schedule 120 using SMAW process from root to cap on 6GR project, carbon steel pipe 8" Ø sch. 80 using GTAW process on the root and hot pass and SMAW process on filler and capping on 6GC project. In the small bore pipe of 2" Ø sch. 80 using GTAW process all the way.
The criteria of acceptance in the visual inspection in base on uniform root penetration and good layer bead appearance in capping.
The course contain cover the theoretical know-how in :-
- Welding Safety
- Basic Fire Fighting and C.P.R
- Welding Machines and Accessories
- Welding Consumables
- Welding Design
- Welding Metallurgy
- Inspection and Testing Of Welds
- Welding Codes, Standards and Welding Procedure Specification (WPS)
- Piping System
The final test will be conducted and supervised by the third party welding inspector from NDE Consultancy Services Sdn.Bhd. All test specimen visually accepted by welding inspector will be subjected to Radiography. The welder performance qualification certificate will be issue by NDE.
At the end of the program, the participants should be able to :
1. Apply and observe the safety rules and regulation in welding.
2. Describe the principles and operation of SMAW process and accessories.
3. Describe the principles and operation of GTAW process and accessories.
4. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of SMAW and GTAW processes.
5. Identify the welding consumables as per job requirement.
6. Understand the basic welding metallurgy and heat treatment of metals.
7. Read and interpret the welding symbol.
8. Understand the method of welding testing and inspection and its application.
9. Understand the welding codes and standards requirement related to welder qualification.
10. Read and interpret the welding procedure specification (WPS).
11. Produce an acceptable weld quality meeting code and standard requirement.
6G WELDING – PPKS/PETRONAS Entry Requirement
- Student who have complete their SKM level 2 at PPKS of training in welding and other training institution recognized by Malaysian Government.
- Certificate certified by employer minimum have 3G welding position.
- Certificate welding from IKM.
- 12 weeks OR 3 Months
- Included 2 days exam ( welder qualification test ) WQT
Successful candidates will be awarded a:-
- Certificate of Welder Qualification 6G (GTAW) 2" Ø sch 80 pipe.
- Certificate of Welder Qualification 6GC (GTAW/SMAW) 8" Ø sch 80 pipe.
- Certificate of Welder Qualification 6GR (SMAW) 8" Ø sch 80 pipe and 8" Ø sch 120 pipe.
- Certificate of attendance Basic Fire Fighting and CPR Course by INSTEP-PETRONAS.
- Certificate of attendance Piping System Course by INSTEP-PETRONAS.