Subsidised Training Under SME Corp. Malaysia Training Grant
Small and Medium Enterprise Corporation Malaysia (SME Corp. Malaysia), being a specialised agency to provide advisory services, guidance and assistance that are required to enhance the development of SMIs in Malaysia has come up with incentive to encourage human resource development in technical skills and Information Technology. This incentive comes in the form of training grants channeled to the appointed training institutions so that SMIs who send their workers for training in technical and IT related skills will be subsidized up to 50% on training fees. The scheme covers not only the manufacturing or manufacturing related service industries but also women entrepreneur.
This endeavour is an effort to enhance SMIs productivity and efficiency through skills development or upgrading programmes for its workforce. To ensure Malaysian products and services remain globally competitiv, SMIs have to adopt a culture of excellence by producing high quality goods and services of international standard and using high technology in operation. They should retrain workers to increase competency, efficiency and productivity at all levels of the workforce.
Pusat Pembangunan Kemahiran Sarawak (PPKS) is the training institution appointed by SME Corp. Malaysia to provide technical and IT skills training for SMIs in Sarawak. The training can be conducted on public or in-house basis.
Guidelines on Skills Development Programme for SMEs
- Companies must be under SMEs category with annual sales less than RM 25 million per year.
- Companies must be registered under Companies Act 1965 and majority shareholders (at least 51%) are Malaysian citizenship.
- SMEs involves in manufacturing or manufacturing related activities.
- The grant is to finance the technical training approved by SME Corp. Malaysia and not other courses offered by appointed training provider.
- The grant is to finance the training of Malaysian workers only.
For more information about corporate training, please contact:-
Mr. Chai Koh Hian / Ms. Emilia Iris at 082-364198 ext 312 / 309